Thursday, January 19, 2017

Dainty Embossed Vellum ~ CCMC441


Wow, the weeks seem to be flying by!  Can you believe we are into the third week of January already!  Another Thursday has rolled around so here we are at Create with Connie and Mary again!  We've got a neat sketch challenge for you this time.  
This one was a toughie for me.  I planned and then re-planned my card and supplies and then ended up using nothing of what I planned!!!  LOL!  I started out wanting to use the new Carried Away DSP, which I did (the gray polka-dot).  I planned to use the reverse side of this as well, which is Peek-a-boo Peach, but I felt like the patterns were too busy together.  I settled on stamping some Flirty Flamingo lines on Flirty Flamingo cardstock to accent the gray dsp.  I also had in mind that I was going to make this into a baby card with the gray and pink and use {Foxy Friends}.  Then I spotted a piece of vellum laying on my desk and remembered a technique where you emboss the vellum with a stylus.  Here is a link to a video showing the technique. It's kind of a fun and unique look.  I fussy cut my {Penned and Painted} flower and leaves after I stamped in on vellum in Stazon ink.  I then used my stylus to emboss.  I didn't use a very heavy hand because I wanted a more subtle look.  I layered the flower on a circle of Flirty Flamingo and then then another circle of Silver Glimmer paper.  All of that is perched upon a super sweet lace doily.  I tied the silver together by adding the "hello" diecut and metallic silver ribbon from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  Lastly, I added a three white perfect accents.  I decided against rhinestones because I felt like this card had enough sparkle already.  




Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Penned and Painted, Thoughtful Banners
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Stazon Black
Paper: Up and Away DSP, Flirty Flamingo, Silver glimmer, white
Accessories: Perfect white accents, lace doily, Silver metallic ribbon, greeting thinlit

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny




4 comments:

  1. Love the addition of the doily behind your flower. There's just a softness that adds to your card and finishes it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your color choices and the pretty vellum flower. The doily is perfect behind the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Jenny. I struggled with this sketch too but you can't tell you did. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vellum flower looks very dainty. I think the doily ties it all together and you choice of DSP with your homemade patterned paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete