Thursday, October 27, 2016

Simple Watercolor Leaves ~ CCMC430


Happy Thursday my fellow stampers!  It's time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge!  It's color week and boy, these colors really WERE a challenge for me to use!!!!  
This was my third creation using this trio.
These colors remind me of Halloween, and I don't really have any Halloween stamps.  I spent A TON of time searching for ideas and inspiration of the non-Halloween kind.  Leaves seemed to be the most logical direction to go in, but I didn't really feel it.  My first card was a shaker night sky scene with black silhouette trees, but I put too many shakers in and it ended up hiding the trees....so I scrapped that one.  My second incarnation was a pumpkin made from the hydrangea/tree top die from Beautiful Branches thinlits.  The whole thing turned out too busy for my liking.  SO.....I finally turned to my good old watercoloring  and watercolor paper (which makes everything look good) and decided on leaves (back to my original thoughts) done up in a simple pattern.  I mean, sometimes less is more, right?  That's the approach I finally took.  I do have to say I'm happy with the way it turned out although it is far from one of my favorite cards. 

Everything looks better with the Cable Knit embossing folder, so of course I had to pull that out, once again.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this folder?  LOL. 


I am super excited to see what ideas you guys come up with using these colors.  I'll probably be saying a lot of "why didn't I think of that"!  
Make sure you check out the other designers amazing cards at CCMC and share some love with them!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny 




4 comments:

  1. So glad it wasn't just me Jenny - these colours tied me up in knots this week!! Your watercoloured leaves are lovely, very soft, and I absolutely love the cable knit background - the perfect combo for a chilly autumn day! A lovely card - we are clearly our own worst critics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the watercolor wash look to the leaves. Looks great with the cable background. It's a lovely fall card! Don't be to harsh on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your water colour leaves! They do look fabulous in these colours! Lovely card! I really struggled with this colour scheme too! You've made it look easy though 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain! I wanted to stay away from Halloween thinking everyone would use them. The leaves were perfect! Love the watercolor wash look and the sparkle of gold! Beautiful! Great job with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete