Thursday, May 12, 2016

Starfish Dreams ~ CCMC406 & SSINKCS33


Good morning stampers!  It's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday again!  This week is a cool, sort-of monochromatic trio.  I love all the samples the other designers have come up with, too, so check them out here.   I also used the sketch from Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration 33.


Last week I used the rose image from {Picture Perfect} and this week I decided to go with the starfish image.  Maybe next week I'll use the hummingbird...who knows!
I mainly went with the starfish because I thought it worked nicely with the color combination and also went well as a focal point for the sketch.  


I love all the texture on this card in the form of the distressing and embossing.  The starfish image itself gives lots of texture illusion, so I played off of that!

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



7 comments:

  1. Oh wow you've managed to use the starfish and what a fabulous job you've done too! I really love your card. Teaming the colour challenge up with the sketch is brilliant and your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! All of the textures play off each other so nicely on this card. The colors are a fabulous combination and I adore the starfish as the focal point. Thank you so much for playing along with our card sketch challenge at SSINK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vintage take on the sketch is really cool and love your paper combination! TY for playing along with us at SSINK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to combine two challenges! Great beach card! Love all the textures...they really compliment each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to remember this color combo! Did you ink the embossed base? Wonderful job using the SSINK Card Sketch this month. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the textured, weathered feel of this card Jenny and the starfish makes an awesome centrepiece. A great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the texture and distressing are so perfect! What a fabulous way to showcase the starfish, and the linen thread is a perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete