Thursday, January 21, 2016

Water Stained Rose ~ CCMC390 & TSOT254


Good morning stampers!  Here's to another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!  This week  it's a color challenge using Real Red, Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey.  I must say that our designers have really knocked this one out of the park this week....we've got some great samples and inspiration for you at the CCMC site, so check it out!!!
I also used sketch challenge #254 at Try Stampin On Tuesday.




For this card I started out using the Rose Garden Thinlits and cut out the small rose in Real Red and the leaves from the big rose in Lost Lagoon.  I then traced around the edges of the leaves and rose on white cardstock, fussy cut them out, and sponged on the coordinating color.  After completely  sponging on the colors, I splattered water on the rose and leaves and let them dry.  Then, I adhered the die cuts on top using my two-way glue pen.  
After the die cuts were glued down, I used my clear Wink Of Stella pen to add glimmer to the rose petals and leaves.

I adhered the completed rose and leaves to a piece of white cardstock with a bit of Botanical Gardens Designer vellum layered over the top.  I secured the vellum down with gold brads in each corner.
I added a beautiful sentiment from {Rose Wonder} using black Stazon ink.  The whole thing was mounted on a base of 100 lb weight thick white cardsock after it was layered with Hello Honey DSP and black borders.  
Have you ever designed a card and then kept looking at it thinking, I could have added this or should have added that.....that's what I think of this card.  I wish there had been some sort of ribbon or twin added, just to take it up one more notch.  This is pretty clean and simple for me and I've never been a clean and simple kind of girl!  
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

6 comments:

  1. What kind of paper did you use for the splatter technique? Just regular white? Love the effect! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Just regular white cardstock that I sponged on.

      Delete
  2. Jenny I think the Rose totally stands on its own and doesn't need anything else; it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it needs anything else. I am all about less bulk on cards these days. The rose is beautiful enough and is truly the centerpiece of your card! Love the technique you used too btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful ... love the shading effect in the rose & foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful watercolouring here!! I love how you splattered water to get such a lovely effect. Great card!

    ReplyDelete