Thursday, January 14, 2016

Funky Cup ~ CCMC389 & PP277, The Card Concept 46


Hello and welcome to another fabulous challenge week with Create with Connie and Mary!  
We've got a sketch challenge for you this time....
I also used the color combo from The Paper Players 277 to complete my card and the inspiration photo from The Card Concept. I was inspired by the coffee cup and the heart shape. I guess my card would be considered clean and layered.

The moment I saw this Cups and Kettle framelits die set, I knew it would be mine!  I just love this cute coffee mug, plus all the other cutouts available in the set.
I cut the mug out from the Wildflower Fields DSP available through the Sale-a-bration catalog. With any $50 purchase paper pack can be yours!  Check it out here.


I created my own patterned background paper by punch some 1/2" circle from red foil paper and then adhering them to my Melon Mambo cardstock.  I love the way this looks!  
To add an extra punch of pattern, I layered some Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum (also available in the Sale-a-bration) over my Tempting Turquoise horizontal pieces. I stamped the sentiment from {Cottage Greetings} with Stazon ink directly onto the vellum.
The steam and heart on the mug are also die cut from the Cups and Kettle framelits.  The little flower is from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack and is finished off with a black sequin center from my Metallic Sequin Assortment.  
For the steam I used the curly-cue die that is meant to be an embellishment on the tea cup.  I just cut it apart and layered it together to look like steam rising from the cup!
A Nice Cuppa Photopolymer Bundle by Stampin' Up! 


I hope you can play along with us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



11 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is a really great card. I like how you made the background with the foil and also how you embellished the cup. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a cold wintry day! I especially love that foil background - it is so creative. But I love that mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mix of papers and that funky vellum. Thanks for joining TCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, what a fun card! I love the mix of patterns and the foil polka dots! Coffee cards are always perfect on a wintery day! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny this is a great card! Love that fun teacup and the little heart flourish, and what an awesome job you did combining challenges. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card using the cuppa dies! Love the foils and the vellum combined. This card is sure to warm up it's recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! You really captured the 'heartwarming' in that mug. I love the foil circles too - very fun! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and happy card Jenny. I LOVE that you added red foil dots over the Melon Mambo. So clever to use the decorative die elements for steam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card Jenny - I love your heartwarming mug of cocoa and pattern and texture added with the foil polka dots vellum strip, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I am a melon mambo girl and I would have never even dreamed about putting that foil on there! Your creation is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So many funky elements that make this really fun! I love the vellum over the Turquoise, but I especially love the way you have created your own background with the foil dots!! Definitely CASE-ing!!

    ReplyDelete