Thursday, October 8, 2015

Silent Night Scene ~ CCMC376


Happy Thursday stampers!!!!  Create with Connie and Mary is bringing you another fabulous challenge this week!  CCMC #376 is a lovely color challenge.


Many of my regular visitors might know that purple is not the first color I reach for when crafting.  However, I do enjoy it when it comes to a winter themed card.  It always plays nice with a frosty blue.  The color combo challenges us to use Lost Lagoon along with Perfect Plum.  Lost Lagoon is kind of one of those colors that can go a couple of ways....sometimes it looks blue, sometimes it looks greenish.  I chose to color in the evergreen trees (which I stamped twice) from {Happy Scenes} with my Lost Lagoon pad and blender pen.  I think it makes the trees look wonderful!  
I sponged in Perfect Plum to make a pretty night sky.  I added the snow in the trees and snowflakes with my white gel pen.  
I also colored the tree trunks with my Tip Top Taupe marker.
I lightly sponged the snowbanks with a little Lost Lagoon as well.
The lovely sentiment is from {Wonderland}.


For the background, I stamped the two bigger snowflakes from {Flurry of Wishes} onto a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Perfect Plum with the same color ink.  
I added a Lost Lagoon banner cut from retired Floral District DSP.  I thought it looked nice because the print has what looks like little snowflakes on it.  
The white glitter ribbon was added because I accidentally dropped one of my stamps onto my card.....don't you hate it when that happens????  Luckily, it was in a spot where I could cover it up easily.  It even looks as though I meant to put it there!  LOL!

I hope you can check out and leave some blog love on the other designers sites!  
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!  
Jenny

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - so serene! I especially love the glitter ribbon on the bottom and the way you made the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is PERFECT! Seriously looks like it could be in a magazine! What a great idea to use the gel pen to add snow! And your ribbon in amazing! Please teach me thy ways sensei! I couldn't get a bow that perfect if my life depended on it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the stamps you used! Hope you don't mind if I CASE?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card! I really like your sponged night sky and the white sparkly ribbon really grounds the design. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the sky and the snow clumps on the tree branches. Looks very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenny your card this week is so, so pretty! I love purple but it's not a colour I use much either. Your snowy scene is truly beautiful and I love the snowflake pattern background and the ribbon and bow, you would never know it was a 'happy accident' - tres chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is So pretty! I love the big lace-like snowflakes in the background and the way you colored your sky and trees as well as the lovely ribbon & bow! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! The sky really drew my eye to the beautiful scene...very calming! Great job with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete