Thursday, October 22, 2015

Beautiful Thoughts ~ CCMC378


Hello stampers!  It's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge time and it's color challenge week!
We have some nice, warm colors for you to play with......


I was thinking of flowers with the color combo and ended up going with my favorite butterfly stamp, {Beautiful Wings}.  
I perched the butterfly on a base of a soft suede tag from {Everything Eleanore} and a Very Vanilla circle cut from my circle thinlets. 
The sentiment is from {Best Thoughts} and I flanked it with a few little Hello Honey roses and Mossy Meadow leaves.
I love to add a little strip of sequin trim on my butterflies and you'll probably see this on 99% of my butterfly creations.  When I cut my gold sequin trim, the thread from where the sequins had come off was a little frayed and neat looking.  I figured I'd leave a little tail hanging on the butterfly.....After I looked at the photo I see that maybe I should have turned it around and made it antennae instead of a tail.  Anyway, I liked the look so much that I used some more as a little extra accent over the top of my Soft Suede ribbon under the sentiment panel. 



Make sure you check out the other amazing CCMC designers blogs and leave them some love!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jenny - I love the layering of your butterfly and the sequin trim and foil vellum background adds a real touch of luxury to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This butterfly is a great choice for these colors! I love the layering and touches of gold, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is so beautiful. The gold accents are lovely against the butterfly element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! I love all of the layers leading up to that gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea to use the gold sequence trim on the butterfly! I like the way it frays too and the thread itself looks like Hello Honey. Very pretty Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Love the way you used the sequins and the vellum to give it some bling!

    ReplyDelete