Thursday, July 23, 2015

Purple and Mint Birthday Blossom ~ CCMC365


Hey everybody, it's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge time again!  It's sketch week...

My card started off with this pretty, little watercolored flower that was lying around my desk, discarded from another project.  It's from {Flower Shop}. I stamped it on watercolor paper and colored it with my Aqua Painter.  I added the leaves, watercolored with Sahara Sand ink, from {Birthday Blossoms}. The sentiment and smaller flowers on the Vanilla oval are also from {Birthday Blossoms}.  For the background banner, I stamped the leaf image on Mint Macaron cardstock in Versamark, embossed it with clear EP and them sponged over the entire thing with Bermuda Bay ink.  I like the depth this technique achieves.  I added a bit of Sahara Sand lace ribbon underneath the banner.  



I also added some Linen Thread behind the flower and leaves and popped the whole thing up on a dimensional.  
For a little extra detail in the center of the flower, I used my white gel pen to add some dots and then ran over the center with my aqua painter to soften them up a bit. 

Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Birthday Blossoms, Flower Shop
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Coastal Cabana, Elegant Eggplant
Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron, Watercolor, Bohemian DSP
Accessories: Oval Framelits, Pansy punch, Linen Thread, Clear EP, Sahara Sand lace ribbon


Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the peek of lace under the banner! Great job with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jenny, your card is really stunning! The flower itself is beautiful and then you added lots of loveliness around it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the play of pattern on this card but the show stopper for me was that GORGEOUS flower! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness this is pretty! All the soft colors with the bold DSP! Everything just flows together perfectly! I would never have thought of putting the Bohemian paper with stamps that were so delicate...but it works...Beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking card and colour scheme! I adore the flower and the subtle stamping on the oval panel....and that beautiful banner. Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this is GORGEOUS. Such breathtaking colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very pretty Jenny! That watercoloured flower is gorgeous and I love the way you stamped the oval and banner behind too. A gorgeous colour combo and the twine and lace are perfect additions too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! I love the patterns and colors, and I especially love the beautiful watercolored flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jenny, your card is just gorgeous! These are some of my favorite colors and you've combined the colors and patterns beautifully! Your watercolored flower is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete