Wednesday, April 22, 2015

You Did It Star ~ CMCC68 & SSSC265


Good Wednesday morning!  It's Colour Me time once again!  This week is a bright and cheerful color combination.  Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Lost Lagoon.  I cannot wait to see the idea that everyone comes up with!  
I also used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch 265

I used a couple different techniques to achieve my card.  First, for the acrylic block watercolor, I stamped some of the challenge inks directly onto my clear block.  I then held it at arms length and lightly misted it with a spray bottle filled with water.  I stamped the block directly onto Whisper White cardstock.  The look is a nice watercolored effect.  I used that piece to cut out the star. 

 The other technique I used was the Bouncing Brayer (the Crushed Curry layer).  I had recently seen this technique used on this card by Claire Broadwater.  I thought it was kinda cool and something I'd never tried before.  


Like I said at the beginning of the blog post....I'm so excited to see what everyone creates!  
Make sure you check out the DT blogs to gain inspiration!  

Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Bravo, Celebrate Today
Ink: Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Lost Lagoon
Paper: Night Of Navy, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Lost Lagoon
Accessories: Scallop Border punch, Star die, Lucky Stars EF, Dazzling Details

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny 

6 comments:

  1. Jenny, I just love your bright card!! That watercolour star is scrumptious! :) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your bouncing brayer background - I think I should try that, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that star, it makes me think of sherbert! Love the starry background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, this is so much fun! I just love that star :) Great textures and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly, what a delight for the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny this is super stunning, I love how you did the star!

    ReplyDelete