Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Northern Lights Copy Cat ~ The Friday Mashup 187


You know that saying imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?  Well, when I saw this card by Heidi Baks I fell in love with it and just had to give the technique a try for myself.  She wonderfully  executed the technique and her inspiration picture.  Here is a link to the Northern Lights tutorial, so you can give it a try for yourself....it's so fun! 
Anyway, I'm gonna be a copy cat and submit my card to the Friday Mashup 187 weather challenge.  


I like it when I can be original, but sometimes when something is just so good, you  gotta follow the trend!  
Here's a list of my supplies.....

Stamps: Ornamental Pine, Lovely as a Tree
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Strawberry Slush, Night of Navy, Black
Paper: Night of Navy, White, Black
Accessories: sponges, daubers, white gel pen



3 comments:

  1. Very nice job on the card, thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny- this is fantastic! It is a unique take on the Northern Lights technique. I love the placement of the sentiment and the beautiful treelike. Thanks for sharing at the Friday Mashup this round:)

    ReplyDelete