Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Whale Thanks! ~ DD53 & RS64

This card is for Dynamic Duos 53 Black Tie Challenge using Pacific Point and Black & Retro Sketches 64.
 
I havn't used my little whale as much as I thought I would, so when I saw this color challenge I figured it would be the perfect time to pull him out.  I browsed around for a sketch to use and settled upon Retro Sketches.  I struggled a little with incorporating the banner/ribbon peice on the side, but finally came up with this silver cord and placed the anchor on the bottom of it.  Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.  I had some punched silver glimmer circles laying on my desk from a previous project, and used them up placing them here and there over my embossed background.
 
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Oh, Whale
Paper: Black, Pacific Point, White, Silver Glimmer
Ink: Pacific Point, Black
Accessories: Braided silver cord, circle punch, scallop border punch, bitty banners framelit, big dots EF, Clouds EF, Whale die, Corner rounder punch, Sponge dauber
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic combo of both challenges. I love the details you added to the waves and the little silver bubbles are a perfect touch! So glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos this week, we sure hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet card Jenny :)
    Love the embossed clouds and the sponged "waves" of the water! So cute!
    Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great whale image! I just recently got inky with a whale stamp too. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Jenny, I think such a cute set as well, love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete