Saturday, March 9, 2013

Welcome Spring! DD43 & SSSC179

 
Good Saturday morning everyone!  It's Dynamic Duos time again with a springy combination of Pool Party and Lucky Limeade.  For this card, I also used a great sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 179.  I think I mentioned in my last post that I would be using this sketch again, and here it is! I see it's designed by fellow DD designer Vicki Burdick.  I really love it!
 
 
I started by stamping an utra-springy stamp from Inkadinkadoo in versamark ink and embossed it with Early Espresso EP.  I used markers to color in the image.  After it was all colored I painted over the flowers, eggs and butterfly with Frost White Shimmer Paint.
 
 
I cut the image out with a Labels Die and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  Then I concentrated on the rest of the card.  I added a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock that I ran through my Lacy Brocade EF to the bottom of the card and topped it off with a strip of Crochet ribbon and Lucky Limeade punched ribbon.  A bit of Lucky Limeade twine, tied in a cute little bow, pulls the whole thing together.  The last thing to do was add the triple banner accent out of crochet ribbon, and Pool Party & Lucky Limeade designer paper. 
 
 
A few dimentionals to pop up the main image and some pretty pearls arranged in the corner finish my card off.  This one went to my mom who celebrated her 63rd birthday during a big blizzard that hit us here the other day.  This little card reminds us of what we have to look forward to! 
Don't forget to hop on over and check out what the other Dynamic Duos Designer have made!
 
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo from Hobby Lobby
Paper: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake, Watercolor, LL & PP Designer paper
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Accessories: Early Espresso EP, Lacy Brocade EF, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Crochet Trim, Lucky Limeade Twine, Pearls, Frost White Shimmer paint, Framelits Labels die
 
  Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Ha! We were on the same wavelength :o) Beautiful colouring - and that little strip of lace is just perfect! Bet your Mom loved the card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is sooooo beautiful- soft, serene, and subtle with oh so much style to it;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mom! ;-) I'm sure she was delighted to receive this. This little card is a BEAUTY! I love the image in these colors, and all the sweet embellishments you used. It's absolutely perfect. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this image, Nothing shouts spring more than this card! (and I am so ready for spring!) Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, I love that sweet image!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, all I can say is WOW! I just love your shading on that image and the pearls are the perfect touch. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Jenny! That image is gorgeous and I love how you've added the pearls and lace with these soft colours!

    ReplyDelete