Friday, March 29, 2013

School Daze Birthday ~ STB11 & FM103

 
Todays card takes in Seize the Birthday #11 (Masculine) & The Friday Mashup #103.
 
The Friday Mashup is honoring tax time so we are to use lined or gridded paper and mash it up with some distressing.  The interpretation for the Seize the Birthday sketch could go in any direction....I love that!  I chose to go with the Chalkboard Technique again, which I love!  I think this is what is called subway art, a mix of different fonts and images.  I really like how it turned out!  I had a fun time going through all my stamps to choose diffent birthday images.
  I chose to play off the colors in the notebook paper, which is from the retired Just Add Cake designer paper pack. 
 
 
The Happy Birthday script at the bottom right is from On Your Birthday.
 
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: So Happy For You, Word Play, Birthday Bakery, Carry On, On Your Birthday
Paper: Marina Mist, Real Red, Basic Black, Just Add Cake DP
Ink: White Craft, Black
Accessories: Corduroy Button, White Colored Pencil
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny
 

6 comments:

  1. Very fun card! Lined paper and chalkboard is the perfect combo. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute way to use the lined paper as well as that fun chalkboard technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the chalkboard and that fabulous button. Awesome interpretation of the challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is great! I really do need to try this technique someday. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your chalkboard technique on this! Great card.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great chalkboard panel you've created - so clever to mix all those stamps! The pops of colour you've added work so well with the chalkboard and notepaper too! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete