Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Owl Always Find Joy ~ FMS78

 
I made this cute little owl card for Freshly Made Sketches 78
I didn't exactly flip this sketch, but just kinda rearranged it a little.  My scalloped strip is at the bottom, as well as the sentiment, and the small strip is at the top.  When I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to use my owl builder punch and make it look like the owl was peeking out of a hole in a tree.  I feel like I've achieved that result, but in a cartoonish sort of way.  Anyway, I really like the way it turned out.  The flowered tummy especially tickles me!  For the color scheme, I knew I would be using some sort of brown for the "tree" and the rest fell together from the scraps on my desk.   My only regret with this card is that I don't have any owl saying to go along with this cute little feller.  I may have to shop around and find some.  I know there are several stamp companies out there with a variety of different owl stuff.  For now I had to settle for a fun font saying from the old set Polka Dot and Paisley. 
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Polkadot and Paisley
Paper: Primrose Petal, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Print Poetry DP, Woodland Walk DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Owl Builder punch, Bird Builder punch, Oval die, Linen thread, Neutral button, Adorning Accents EF
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny
  
 


2 comments:

  1. Cute card, the woodgrain background is perfect with your owl! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love your paper and embellishments choices for a really great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete