Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fancy Field Flowers ~ DD45 & SSSC180

 
Good Saturday Morning everyone!  Dynamic Duos has beautiful, monochromatic color combination for us this week.  Pretty in Pink & Regal Rose.
 
 
I used Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 180 to help me along with my card for this week.
I hadn't used my Field Flowers set in a while and decided to go with it!  I also decided to add in a neutral of Crumb Cake.  I stamped the flower stems on a piece of First Edition DP, stamped the flower heads on vanilla cardstock, cut them out and attatched them to the stems.  I curled up the edges of the flowers a little to give them some dimetion.  I also stamped the flower center on vanilla, cut them out, sprayed them with a little shimmer spray, and popped them up with dimentionals.  I distressed the edges of the designer paper, sponged it, and layered it on some Crumb Cake.  For the background piece, I ran my brayer over my crumb cake ink pad and rolled it right onto the Vintage Wallpaper EF.  I placed a piece of vanilla in and ran it through the my Big Shot.  Voila!  A textured background with a little color.  I love that technique!  A few other accessories in the form of ribbon, buttons and sentiment tickets complete my card.
 
 
Make sure you hop on over and check out all the other amazing designs our team has come up with this week!
 Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Field Flowers, Kindness Matters, That's the Ticket, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, First Edition DP
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Twitterpatted button, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon, Ticket Punch, Scallop Eyelet Border Punch, Shimmer Mist, Linen Thread
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work with the color challenge! Love how you added depth to the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this card is just amazing! And that background paper is to die for :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, Jenny. ;-) Pinks to perfection! I love how you brayered ink onto the EF for the background, and these flowers are gorgeous. Fantastic job! Thank you so much for covering comments for me this past week. You're a gem! And I really appreciate it. ;-) (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love crumb cake with pink and like the addition of the newsprint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the brayered background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Love the shabby vintage look you've got going on with the soft pinks and crumb cake - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete