Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween-ish Birds ~ SSSC169

 
This card is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 169.  I made the focal image of the birds on the branch first and then browsed around to find a sketch for it to fit into.  SSSC169 worked perfectly. 
 
 Believe it or not, this is my first brayered image.  I had a brayer a long, long time ago, back in the prehistoric stamping days, but it had long since disappeared.  I just recently purchased a new one and finally put it to work.  I just love the results of the smooth, graduated ink.  I thought with the night sky and the bird image, plus the texture from the Lacy Brocade EF, this card conjurs up a Halloween-ish feel.  I left the sentiment off on purpose because I'm just not sure exactly who I'm sending this card to yet. 
 
 
 I rubbed the embossed cardstock with some Blue Bayou ink to make it stand out a little more. My other embellishment is two pearls colored with a black sharpie.
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: birds from Inkadinkadoo, Weathered Backround
Cardstock: Black, Blue Bayou, Island Indigo
Ink: Soft Sky, Cool Carribean, Blue Bayou, Black
Accessories: pearls colored with black sharpie, Lacy Brocade EF, Baja Breeze wide ribbon, scallop lattice punch from EK Success, brayer, circle punch
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a wonderful day!
Jenny
 

No comments:

Post a Comment