Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Kites

Kites have always been associated with spring for me.  I remember getting them for easter as a kid and I've done the same for my boys in the past too.  These kites are from a Close To My Heart set called Life Is Good.  I love the sentiment on this card too.  It isn't neccesarily a birthday card, but it could be.  I had seen lots of cards that used the kite and hot air balloon stamps from SU and some of them had this fun grassy knoll made from the new edgelits die and EF, available in the Stampin' Up seasonal mini catalog.  I wanted to incorporate the Concord Crush color and I did so by stamping the kites directly over the clouds and then stamping them in individual colors on scrap CS and fussy cutting them out. The kite image is a solid stamp, so again I incorporated the purple by "kissing" a polka-dot stamp inked in Concord Crush onto the kite stamp after it was inked with the main color.  I like the effect this gives.....much better than just the plain old solid color. 
Now the clouds.....I sponged the clouds onto the cardstock by using a template I made myself.  I punched out a large oval, positioned it so it was verticle (like an egg standing up on end), then punched two more circles in different sizes.  I attached those on either side of the oval and voila!  There is my cloud template!
I tried to upload a picture of it, but my computer is giving me trouble....darn it anyway!
Here's a list of supplies I used on this card.
Stamps: Life Is Good
Paper: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzaz, Pear DP, White
Ink: Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Soft Sky, Concord Crush
Accessories: Edgelits die & EF, Marina Mist ribbon, Dimentionals, Sponge
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny   

No comments:

Post a Comment