Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birthday Bakery for RS2 & CR84FN50

I made this card for two challenges.  First, for Retro Sketches #2.   I was totally inspired by Jackie Rockwell's card (she's one of the designers) and knew the Birthday Bakery stamp set would be perfect for it!  It's sort of a take on the spotlight technique.  The second challenge is CR8RFN #50.  This is a color combo challenge using pink, yellow and orange.  I love this combo, especially when it ranges in the brighter hues!  This is my first time playing along at CR84FN.
I got a chance to use my new pom pom trim and big designer buttons, which I just purchased from the clearance bin on my SIL's Stampin Up website.  If you need to order, just hop on over to the side bar of my blog and click on "order supplies here" and you'll be fixed up in a jiffy!  There are some cute things in there for little cost.  I love, love, love all the new products that SU comes out with, but I enjoy a good deal too!  To make the button sit flat over the ribbon, I clipped off about three poms and it created the perfect little nest for the button.  I also added some glitter to the cakes for extra fun and sparkle.  I used blender pens and ink to color the "spotlight" cakes.

Here's a list of the suppies I used.....
Stamps: Birthday Bakery, On Your Birthday (sentiment)
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, White
Ink: Same as Paper, Stazon Black
Accessories: swirly EF, melon mambo pom pom trim, big designer button, dimentionals, white satin ribbon (Walmart), dazzling diamonds glitter
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! I'm so flattered that you liked my card!!! You're right that stamp set works perfectly! LOVE it! So happy you played along with us at Retrosketches this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Jenny! Love the pink pom pom trim! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, this is DARLING! LOVE the popped out cakes and that big bold yellow button! I also LOVE the embossing and the pom pom trim! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! Love those yummy little treats and the sweet ball fringe trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jenny - love the plain and coloured stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny your card is so happy and fun! What an awesome job! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, I love how you've spotlighted part of the image!!! Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete