Saturday, February 25, 2012

This card is for the Create with Connie and Mary #190 sketch challenge.  I used the pastels on black technique from over at splitcoaststampers.  When I browsed through the pastels on black gallery, I spotted this card made by ckbytheresa.  I loved the colors she used and was very inspired.  This is what I came up with for my card.  I have to admit that this is not my favorite card I've ever made, but it's O.K.  I misted the main panel with shimmer spray to give it some sparkle.  Here are the supplies I used......
Stamps: Growing Green
2012 Create Challenges-008Paper: Black, Wisteria Wonder, Brilliant Blue, In-Color DP
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: White EP, colored pencils, Labels die, scallop ribbon punch, Wisteria ruffled ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper EF
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty flower with the pastels and the white embossing really pops on the black. Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking card with the colors on black! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a very stunning card! Love the colors! So vibrant! I will have to try out this technique! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty details on this! I like how you used the black and had a couple 'pops' of the blue on there...PRETTY! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I love the colors and the flowr is so beautiful. Great technique. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete