Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Copper and Pink Springtime ~ HSS285, TGIF150, SUO196


Hello stampers!  Today's card is for the newest inspiration challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Our design team has come up with some beautiful creations, so check it out and make sure you leave them some comments!  I also used the sketch from TGIF #150 to make my card.  I'm also entering SU Only Challenge #196 which is all about spring!
I went with the beautiful Springtime foil DSP.  For the background I swiped the entire piece with Memento black ink and then took a paper towel and wiped off the excess.  I makes the paper look like charcoal and lets the foil shine through.  I really like this look!  I thought it mimicked the center black picture from the inspiration collage.  I colored a single flower from the same paper with my pink Pirouette and old olive blends markers, fussy cut it out and layered it on a copper foil scalloped circle and then a vellum circle.  For the horizontal element across the bottom I cut another strip from a coordinating paper from Springtime foils as well.  The sentiment banner is stamped in versamark and embossed with copper EF and is from the awesome Sale-a-bration set {Amazing You}.


A few scattered pearl finished off my card.  I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with for this challenge!  I'm looking forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!


9 comments:

  1. The pearls really compliment the softness of your flowers...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing card! I love the dark colored background with the soft colored flower. Simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right!! This is so elegant and striking!! Love the dark background with the gold and that beautiful flower!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges- hugs and we hope you can join us again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH for GORGEOUS!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge this time around!!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the black on the foils DSP is amazing! What a great Spring card. So glad you joined the fun at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the darkness of the background foils against the light spring colors! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the use of the Springtime Foil dsp Jenny...STUNNING!!! I had to really look to see that it was the SAB paper that you brayered over! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Coloring the background sure makes the flower stand out. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete