Tuesday, January 30, 2018

For You Tulips ~ HSS281


Hello Stampers! 
Today's card features the newest color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Purple and red!  Very Valentine-ish I guess!  
I like the look of a red tulip, so that's the direction I went in.  I stamped the back part of the tulip in Real Red and the foreground part in Cherry Cobbler.  I stamped stamped the Cherry Cobbler part again on a separate piece of scrap and fussy cut them out and then popped them up.  
I added the little coneflowers in Perfect Plum.  
I thought this would be nice if I made it vintage, so I pulled out an old stamp set called French Foliage.  I stamped a few of the images around the edges with Crumb Cake ink and then sponged and distressed the edges.   


For the ribbon I took a length of Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, spritzed it with water, crinkled it up in my hand and then dried it with my heat tool.  I tied it around the bottom in a bow.  I like the way this adds to the vintage feel.  The main panel is layered on some Perfect Plum cardstock and backed by a Cherry Cobbler base that has been embossed with the quilt top EF.
Come play along with us at HSS!


Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Love how you designed this with the flowers layering over the sentiment and your distressed look.

    ReplyDelete