Thursday, April 6, 2017

Butterfly of Hope ~ CCMC452


Hey stampers!  Welcome to my blog featuring this week's Create with Connie and Mary color challenge!  This week's colors are so pretty!
The card I created looks simple but there were actually many steps that went into it.  
First, I cut out two butterflies using the Bold Butterfly Framelits and Butterflies Thinlits.  I cut the solid butterfly with white cardstock and sponged on So Saffron and Peek-a-boo Peach to cover it.  Next inked the whole thing up with Versamark, spinkled some heat and stick powder over it and embossed.  While the heat and stick powder was still sticky I sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  It's super sparkly!!!!
Next I cut the top butterfly with Sahara Sand cardstock.  I applied a layer of the fine tip glue to the butterfly and set it aside to dry before adhering it over the top of the sparkle butterfly.  
I cut out the hope words from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits---once in white and once in Peek a boo Peach.  I also applied the heat and stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds to the white hope.  For the background I sponged So Saffron to a piece of Irresistibly Floral Specialty paper and then added a strip of peekaboo peach stamped with Delicate Details lace.  After everything was mounted to some Sahara Sand card base, I added the details including some linen thread and pearls.


Thanks for taking a peek and I hope to see you playing along with us this week!

Jenny


4 comments:

  1. Round of applause for Jenny! The way you sponged the butterfly then used the Heat and Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds....awesome! Spectacular card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your layers! This is such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the way you did the layered butterfly - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Love the layers - very pretty

    ReplyDelete