Thursday, October 6, 2016

Comfort and Joy Pines ~ CCMC427, CTC98


Hello stamping friends!  It's Thursday and that mean we have another wonderful challenge for you at Create with Connie and Mary!
To help me complete my card I used the inspiration from CASEing the Catty 98, which showcases the Warmth and Cheer section of the holiday catalog.
When I first saw our sketch for this week I was a little perplexed.  Then the idea hit me like a ton of bricks....If I flipped the sketch upside down, I could make this look like a pine tree bough with the Pretty Pines Thinlits and then hang an ornament from the junction of the branches!  I was super excited about my idea and love the way it turned out! 
I've said before that I just can't get enough of this Cable Knit embossing folder.  I just love the texture it gives and the pattern is warm and welcoming!  The Pretty Pines Thinlits are another favorite of mine....I love that warm, cozy theme!


I hope you'll find time to join us in this interesting sketch this week at CCMC. 


12 comments:

  1. LOVE how you flipped it upside down! It works so beautifully that way with the greens and greeting! Way to think outside the box. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! I think I might have had more inspiration if I had flipped the sketch also! Great idea! Love your Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch. Stroke of genius to flip it! Love all the different products you usedQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - the pine leaves suit the sketch perfectly & it's so lovely that you joined us at CASEing the Catty! Thanks for sharing your great project on our blog. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Jenny. I'm looking forward to getting those dies. Great inspiration. Thanks for joining us at CTC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Jenny and perfect idea tho flip the sketch! You'll be pleased to know I caved as a result of reading your blog and bought the embossing folder too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card us divine and totally warm and cozy. I love the colours and I really love that fabulous pine tree bough. I think I'd like to try your idea too. So glad you joined the fun at CTC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. Flipping the sketch works really well! Love all the layers. It feels really festive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SOOOO clever! I love the pine branches as the diagonal angles! Great details on here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and I love the different colours on your tag. Ink to rubber is a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is delightful, Jenny. Love how you used the sketched and the result sends out warmth and cheer! Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing the Catty this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Jenny, congratultions on being the winner this month at CTC.

    ReplyDelete