Thursday, January 28, 2016

Boyish Balloons ~ CCMC391 & The Challenge 58


Hello stampers!  Another Thursday has rolled around and that means another creative Create with Connie and Mary is here!  The week we've got a neat sketch.  To complete my card I've also used the inspiration from The Challenge #58.  The Challenge asks us to create a masculine card using the photo as inspiration.  Well, my card isn't the most masculine in the world, but you can see that I took my cue from the colors in the picture.


My card actually started with this yellow balloon from {Celebrate Today}, which was a cast off from another project and had been laying around my desk for quite some time.  I used that as my jumping off point for the sketch and added in another balloon in blue, working from The Challenge colors.  
These colors are so cheerful together and are the perfect compliment to the balloons I feel!  
I pulled together the dot theme by embossing the Watermelon Wonder background with the large dot embossing folder.  The designer papers have sort of a dot and dash feel as well!  


Come play along with our challenge at Create with Connie and Mary this week!  We love to see what you create!

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/create-with-connie-and-mary/2016/01/ccmc391-sketch-challenge.html

7 comments:

  1. Definitely a bright and cheerful card! Love the loopy metallic thread and your interpretation of the sketch. I think you rocked both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card! Love the big balloon images with the dot embossed background. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love all the dots and the cool silver balloon twine! Thanks for playing along with us at The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The big balloons look so great with the large polka dot background! Your card is so festive and fun - great colors and finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Love the bright, happy colors! Love how you put he silver cord through the balloons. Great way to combine two challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun card..love the embossed dots in the background to carry the theme of the balloons! The silver cord is perfect! Great job with the Create challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card works great as a masculine card Jenny! I love the embossed background echoing the shape of the balloons! Love the silver twine too!

    ReplyDelete