Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Sweet Woodland Deer ~ HSS228

Hi stampers!  It's time once again for a Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge!  Challenge #228 is an inspiration challenge!  These images could play out more Christmas cards or just a wintry feel.  
I chose to make a shaker card using a little deer cut out from the Home For Christmas DSP, the Sleigh Ride edgelits, and the sky is also DSP from Home For Christmas.  I added gold glitter for my shaker because this little deer (and the paper in general) has a retro 60's kind of feel to it.  Gold was BIG in the 60's.  

For the wooded element, I ran a piece of Baked Brown Sugar cardstock through my big shot with the Into the Woods embossing folder.  Later I took my brayer, inked up with white ink, and ran it lightly over the raised part.  This gives the trees their white birch look. 

Lastly, I added a wooden snowflake with a small, gold brad attached to the center and some red woven satin ribbon to mimic the ribbon around the deer's neck.  
I hope you find time to join us and participate in the challenge!  Remember, you have two weeks to play along!

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment