Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Christmas Coffee with a Birdie ~ SSC113



Good Wednesday everyone!  Today's card is for Sunday Stamps challenge 113.
I was completely inspired by the picture of the mugs and tea (or coffee....I prefer coffee!) 

I was also inspired by this cool, vintage feeling picture I found on Pinterest.  The artist is named Steve Mack.  
Comfort and Joy! by mrmack, via Flickr:

He's got some other styles similar to this one and I'll be featuring at least a couple other cards inspired by his work in the future, so stay tuned!  
I love the simplicity of his drawings, which translates easily into punch art! 


Basically this card uses a variety of circle and oval punches.  I hand cut the triangle elements, as well as the steam.


The sentiment on the inside of from an older set from Close To My Heart.

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!

Jenny




9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! This is so adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Jenny! sweet card, I adore the bird and your use of the colors...FAB! so glad you played along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn cute. Love how you were able to capture the inspirational photo perfectly. What a fun card! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great embossing paper there in blue love your blue color
    and you have oh so cuuute birdie on your card
    love this cute coffee card makes me smile big
    gorgeous made
    thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps this time
    hope to see you again next time
    hugs, Monika (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, how cute is that!?! Love your little bird sitting on the edge of the tea cup. Perfect for the color challenge! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh...I just love your little birdie! So cute! Great use of the colours in our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, you really brought his art to life via card! Great job with the colors!

    Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO FUN!! I'm amazed that you recreated that art with punches...so very creative!! Super, super cute!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, this is super fun! I love the punched art and the embossed background! The colors are perfect for your card! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete