Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Eclectic Flower Shop ~ CMCC76 & SSSC273

Good Wednesday everyone!  Colour Me has another swell challenge for us this week!  It's sure to get your creative juices flowing!  This week's colors are....Elegant Eggplant, Coastal Cabana, and Old Olive.  
I also used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 273.
As you know, purple always stumps me, but as usual, I turned to my beloved Pinterest and found some inspiration in the form of these flowers.....
8 Perfect Color Combinations for Your Wedding - Purple, Silver and Blue
I love the turquoise blue in the center and the purple on the tips, so that's what I tried to replicate.  I stamped the flowers on watercolor paper and used my aqua painter to wash the colors on.   After they dried, I punched them out and curled the petals a little.  


The neutral hardwood background is one of the new in colors....Tip Top Taupe.  I also added some Tip Top Taupe lace ribbon and some crocheted ribbon.

Make sure to check out my fellow Colour Me designers blogs!


Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

5 comments:

  1. You've done a beautiful job with these flowers, Jenny! The blend of colors is gorgeous! I love all the dimension and vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny your card is so, so pretty! Love how you colored the flowers, and you've added so much delicious texture. I especially love the embossed layer with the curled edges. Love your inspiration photo, too! Those flowers are gorgeous, would love to know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just lovely - the embossed background is fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow--what a stunning card. Seriously, it's absolutely gorgeous!! When I started reading your post, I couldn't believe it that you were stumped for an idea!! :) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally gasped when I saw this, so beautiful! What stamp set are the flowers from?

    ReplyDelete