Friday, February 8, 2013

Pink Cherry Scalloped Layers


This sweet little number is for Color Throwdown  #228, Freshly Made Sketches #72, and Try Stamping On Tuesday #104.  The two sketch are very similar, so I think this card qualifies for both!
 
 
 
My idea started with the layered scallops.  I cut strips of First Edition DP, trimmed them with the scallop edge punch and layered them on the bottom of the card.  I figured the whole background done in the scallops would be too much, so I added a scrap of gray hounds-tooth  to the top.  Next I concentrated on the flower.  I cut two of the big flowers from the Blossom Party die, as well as a couple of smaller ones.  I ran them through the Big Shot using my Lacy Brocade EF and crumpled them up to make them look kinda distressed. I layered them all together with a small, gray flower button, added some Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon and some gray pearls and this card was done!  Oh yeah, except for one thing....a little spritz of Champagne Shimmer spray.  It gave the whole card a bit of sparkle!  As you can see I substituted Cherry Cobbler for the Riding Hood Red.


Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: none
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Pink Pirouette, First Edition, and  Houndstooth & Scaringbone DP
Ink: None
Accessories: Cherry Seam Binding ribbon, Gray pearls, Neutrals button, Blossom Party die, Scallop Edge punch, Champagne Shimmer spray, Lacy Brocade EF

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


9 comments:

  1. How pretty!! I love your flower, and I especially love all the scallop-edged border layers! I'm so glad you could join us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautifully made. I those scallops look wonderfully done. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is incredible Jenny! Love all those scalloped newsprint layers! Great take on the sketch! Love the flower! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scallops. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Try Stamping On Tuesday blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those stunning layers! These colours go so well together and the texture you have added to the flower is perfect. Thanks for playing with us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow .... looooove the scalloped layers! Great job!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. The background reminds me of an eyelet lace top at first glance. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at Try stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful scallops and I just love your textured flower!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all those scallops! Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete