Saturday, February 2, 2013

Dynamic Duos #38 Valentine

 
It's Dynamic Duos Saturday!  Real Red and Pretty In Pink are the bold and sassy colors of the week!  Nothing says Valentine's Day more than this color combo, so was there any question as to what direction this card should go?  No!  I played with the Mojo Monday #278 sketch to go with this color combo.
 
 
I kept this card pretty clean and simple, with plenty of white space, which is usually not my thing.  After finishing it, I wasn't sure I liked it and kept thinking "what else can I add"?  My husband suggested that I leave it alone and go with it.  I find that if I sleep on it, I usually come back to the card and think that it actually isn't that bad.  I guess that's what I feel about this one.  It's not that bad...not my best, but not that bad.  It's cute and it will do for a nice valentine for someone.
 
 
My favorite part of this card is the heart embossing.  This is probably only the second time I've used that folder and I've had it for a whole year.  I'm glad to be getting some use out of supplies that don't see alot of spotlight time!
 
Make sure you visit the other Dynamic Duos Designers....there's lots and lots of inspiration from these ladies!
 
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: P.S. I Love You
Paper: White, Real Red, Pretty In Pink
Ink: same
Accessories: Adorning accents folder, Pretty In Pink 1/4" ribbon & Satin ribbon, Blossom Party die, Scallop Circle punch, Circle punches, Designer Builder Brad, Paper Pierce pack, Dimensionals
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a great weekend!
Jenny


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job, Jenny. ;-) I love the hearts embossing, too! They are perfect for the focal point ensemble you've created. Love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely as always, Jenny! I love your cute little charm :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Jenny. Sometimes the best thing to do is walk away from a card and see it again with "fresh eyes". But I have to say that I LOVE your card! The colors really pop on the clean design. The embossing, the banners and the dressed up brad are perfect together. I like it a lot! SO, if you need someone to send a Valentine to, I will volunteer. Ha! Hope you had a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to read I'm not the only one to ask the husband...and he usually says "it's fine." That folder and brads are on my next order list, as they are everywhere lately. Lovely valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great embossed background (those hearts are so sweet) - and I love the designer builder brad!

    ReplyDelete