Friday, December 7, 2012

Joy in Pink Suede ~ SSSC173

 
Here is my entry for Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 173.
  I'm always attracted to the sketches over there, and the challenges last for two weeks.  Somehow, time always seems to get away from me, so it's hit and miss when I get to participate. There are already alot of fun cards in the gallery, so there's tons of inspiration....check it out!
 I'm in the process of creating a variety of christmas cards for a lady who placed an order and this is one that she is getting.  I love the color scheme of this, which was unplanned at first.  I started with the Soft Suede base card and knew I wanted to combine it with the houndstooth printed paper.  I had a scrap of Pink Pirouette laying on my desk, so I decided to see how that would work.  I'm in love with the color combo with the gold/champagne mixed in.  The ornament is from the Stocking Accents die, and I stamped the words from The Sounding Joy star onto it.  I outlined the ornament with some two-way glue and added the gold glitter.  I topped it off with a  neutral button and accented the corner of the main panel with a layered snowflake, which is my favorite thing about this card! 
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: The Sounding Joy
Paper: Soft Suede, Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, Champagne Gimmer, Festival of Prints DP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Accessories: Stocking Accents die, Neutrals button, Linen Thread, Tiny Tag Punch, Northern Frost Decorative Strip die, Open Scallop Border punch (EK Success), Lacy Brocade EF, Pearl, Designer Frame EF
 
Thanks for taking a peek and have a beautiful day!
Jenny
 

No comments:

Post a Comment