Friday, July 20, 2012

Cupcake Calm - NAC3, PP104, & JAI127



Today's card comes by way of Nacho Average Challenge #3, Just Add Ink #127, & The Paper Players 104.  I'm a little to late for the party over at The Paper Players, but oh well!
NAC3
I used the sketch from NAC3, the color combo from JAI127 (which I added Melon Mambo as my 3rd color), main element from PP104 which challenged us to use words as the main element and keep the project clean and simple.  CAS is a hard concept for me.  I've mentioned this before and I know I'll never be one of those girls that can stamp on element on a white card and call it good.  I need to have some sort of embellishment and some color.  This is about at CAS as I get and with that I still needed to add a little glitter to the cupcake. 


This card could totally be for someone who is having one of those milestone birthdays.  I just celebrated my 40th and I know I would have loved to receive one like this!  As a matter of fact, my SIL gave me this stamp set for my birthday! 
Here's a list of supplies I used on this card.....
Stamps: Carry On
Paper: Whisper White, Black, Black and Melon Mambo DP
Ink: Black, Melon Mambo and Crumb Cake
Accessories: Big Designer button, Black Bakers Twine, Top Note die, Dazzling Diamonds glitter
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


10 comments:

  1. I love the glittery little cupcake and that Hostess set is awesome. Melon Mambo looks fantastic teamed with black and white. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Jenny, the Melon Mambo looks awesome with the challenge colours and is one of my fave colour combinations. Beautifully done!
    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Nicely done, love the M<elon Mambo with the black and white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, I really like the colors and use of the cupcake on your card. Thank you for playing and hope to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! - Melon Mambo is so striking teamed with Basic Black & Whisper White! Your CAS card is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on our sketch! And, the glitter is perfect on the cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great sentiment!!!!
    Thanks for playing along with Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Thanks for playing with the Nacho Design team and having the winning entry! It was a tough decision this week. Looking forward to seeing more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, Melon Mambo looks FABULOUS with black and white. Cute little cupcake! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the color combo!!! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete