Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just One More CCMC194

I just had to enter this card for Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge 194 also!  These flowers were yet again a project that had been sitting on my desk for ages just waiting to get used. I made them using the watercolor bleed technique.  It is soooo much fun!  If you havn't tried it, you simply must.  The results are always fabulous!  The technique calls for reinkers and my stash is limited, but I used what I had and I'm in love with the final product.  For these particular flowers I used Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink.  The link to the technique should lead you over to Splitcoaststampers and you can follow the step-by-step instructions there!  Fun, fun, fun!  I used white shimmer paper for the flowers because it seems to be a little sturdier than regular white cardstock and the technique calls for you to mist the paper with water.  I also sprayed the backround Bashful Blue piece with Champagne Shimmer Paint mist to give even more sparkle, although you can't tell from the photos.  I wish it would photograph better because the extra shimmer is so darn pretty!

2012 Create Challenges-012

Here is a list of supplies I used on this card......
Stamps: Fabulous Florets
Paper: Shimmer White (for flowers), Bashful Blue, Wisteria Wonder, White, Wisteria Wonder DP
Ink: Bashful Blue & Pretty in Pink reinkers, White craft
Accessories: White EP, Finial Press EF, Framelits die, Ribbon Border punch, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Rhinestone basics, Champagne Shimmer mist


6 comments:

  1. Great way to use the left-over flowers. I have some items sitting on my desk as we speak. Thank for joining us twice at CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the colors you used! So soft and serene! This is a beautiful technique and one I will have to try, too! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blossoms are so pretty! I never managed to perfect that technique, but you have done a lovely job with it here. Great card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just as pretty as the last and I love that technique. Great take on the sketch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one is lovely too! That blended watercolor technique is gorgeous with these flowers. Thank you for joining us at CCMC...twice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...your flowers are just so soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete