Monday, October 31, 2011

KKC04

Happy Halloween everyone!  I am dressing as Flo the Progressive Insurance gal!  Maybe there will be pictures to follow.....  It sure is a beautiful day here in northeast Montana today, but lets get down to business and talk cards!
This is a card I made for a couple who are great friends of mine.  They just welcomed their 5th girl into their family!  I used the Ka-Pow Kreative Challenge sketch as a jumping off point.  I just love that site....if you havn't ever checked out Carrie Gaskin's work, do!  She is very, very talented! 
My card uses the cute little skunk from the Pun Fun set.  I paper pieced the heart and watercolored the skunk with watercolor pencils and my blender pen.  I layed that on a piece of Pretty in Pink that I cut with the scallop square sizzix die, and then a black square.  The ribbon is from an old ribbon originals pack....I think it dates back to about 2007 or something like that.  It is pretty special ribbon and was waiting for just the right project, I guess!  The backround of the card is a basic gray piece run through the Big Shot in the houndstooth embossing folder, then layered on black and pink.  I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the main image just because I love sparkle and because it's for a little girl.  The sentiment banner across the top is the curly cute set and I couldn't resist a couple of flower buttons as embelishments.  I guess that's about it!  Hope you enjoyed looking!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment